Errno 9] Bad file descriptor

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Tue Jul 13 02:59:41 EDT 2010

On 11Jul2010 17:48, joblack <johannes.black at gmail.com> wrote:
| I get sometimes a
|
| Errno 9 Bad file descriptor
|
| the code is too long to show it here but what are the circumstances
| this could happen? A web search showed nothing.
|
| I have especially the feeling Python 2.6 has some problems with
| Unicode ... and might not find the file. Is that possible?

You get a UNIX "bad file descriptor" error when you try to use an
invalid file descriptor number. The typical occasion is when you open a
file, use it, close it, and then try to continue to use it.

I would suspect you have performed that sequence in some way.

But you should really try to produce a small sequence of code that shows
the error. That way you can post it here, and for extra value you may
reduce it to the point where you realise what you have done wrong, since
the failing code is then small enough for you to examine easily.

Cheers,
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

There is a chasm
of carbon and silicon