death of newsgroups (Microsoft closing their newsgroups)

Kenneth Tilton kentilton at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 11:19:32 EDT 2010

Steven D'Aprano wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Jul 2010 23:24:12 -0400, Kenneth Tilton wrote:
>
>> The moral? If you look for the spam, you'll find it.
>
> And if you *don't* look for spam, you can be sure that some goose will
> reply to it and get it past your filters. Thanks for that Kenneth, if
> that is your name and you're not a Xah Lee sock-puppet.

Let me see if I have this right. Your technique for reducing unwanted
traffic is to openly insult one of the participants? That is how you
clean things up? Because most people on Usenet respond well to personal
insults and hush up? I have so much to learn!

Or was it this?

> Followups set to a black hole.

That works? Amazing.

Here, I'll show you what spam looks like: my steadily-improving
revolution in learning Algebra: http://teamalgebra.com/

kt

--
http://www.stuckonalgebra.com
"The best Algebra tutorial program I have seen... in a class by itself."