C interpreter in Lisp/scheme/python

geremy condra debatem1 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 01:52:51 EDT 2010

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 10:17 PM, bolega <gnuist006 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jul 13, 11:18 pm, geremy condra <debat... at gmail.com> wrote:

>> > Beware, he does not tell the readers the financial details. This is
>> > what he wrote to me by email.
>>
>> > <quote>
>> > I would be willing to meet with you here in Berkeley to educate you on
>> > these matters at a consulting rate of  $850 per hour, with a minimum
>> > of 8 hours.
>>
>> > RJF
>> > </quote>
>>
>> He's Berkeley's former CS chair and was implementing lisp before
>> common lisp was a twinkle in anybody's eye. His time is valuable.
>>
>> Geremy Condra
>
> This makes some sense. He replied on the newsgroup in a lengthy post
> that there are sufficient resources out there giving hint that no one
> need help me out.

No one does. Your problem is yours to solve.

> Then I was called "lazy" in one email and tersely
> given JUST the last name of an author who has many books each many
> 100s pages, when I asked for a relevant book, as if i am a scholar in
> the field, although he did spend lots of words on irrelevant and
> unbeneficial things which diminished my enthusiasm.

Yes, you've failed to take advantage of the resources which have been
made available to you, preferring to have other people solve your
problem. Sounds like a pretty good working definition of laziness.

> Now, I find out
> from you that he has/had a business concern or interest in a company
> that is writing/wrote lisp interpreter in C. Correct me if I am making
> an error.

You're making an error. Given that there are probably only a handful
of people on earth more qualified to teach you anything you'd want to
know about this I'd say he's made you an exceptional offer. Expect no
better help elsewhere.

Geremy Condra