insufficient memory problem in running .exe file in ipython

Thu Jul 15 08:11:51 EDT 2010

On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 00:54:19 -0700, youngung wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I came across a problem in running a .exe file through ipython. """
> os.system(' ~.exe')    """  was used. The error message popped up says
>
> Memory error: insufficient physical memory available
>
> What should I try further?

More memory?

What's your operating system, how much memory do you have, how much
memory does ' ~.exe' (that's a weird name) need? Is your operating system
set to limit the amount of memory each process is given?

What happens if you don't use ipython but call os.system(' ~.exe') from
the normal Python prompt?

--
Steven