About problems that I have with learning wxPython in Macintosh

ata.jaf a.j.romanista at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 18:04:37 EDT 2010

Hi,
I'm newbie to wxPython and need it to develop my little app.
But from start I have problems with tutorials. Because all of them are
compatible with Windows but not so much with Mac.
For example in this code:

import wx

class MainWindow(wx.Frame) :
 def __init__(self, parent, title) :
   wx.Frame.__init__(self, parent, title=title, size=(200, 100))
   self.control = wx.TextCtrl(self, style=wx.TE_MULTILINE)
   self.CreateStatusBar()

   filemenu = wx.Menu()

   filemenu.Append(wx.ID_ABOUT, '&About', ' Information about this
program.')
   filemenu.AppendSeparator()
   filemenu.Append(wx.ID_EXIT, 'E&xit', ' Terminate the program')

   menuBar = wx.MenuBar()
   menuBar.Append(filemenu, '&File')
   self.SetMenuBar(menuBar)
   self.Show(True)

app = wx.App(False)
frame = MainWindow(None, 'Sample editor')
app.MainLoop()

The menus doesn't appear in the product.
Can anyone help me to find a tutorial that is for using wxPython on a
Mac?
Thanks
Ata