improvement for copy.deepcopy : no memo for immutable types

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jul 16 12:23:34 EDT 2010

On 16/07/2010 14:59, Steven D'Aprano wrote:

[snip]

> However doing the minimum isn't likely to be very useful. Python is
> maintained by volunteers, and there are more bugs than person-hours
> available to fix them. Consequently, unless a bug is serious, high-
> profile, or affects a developer personally, it is likely to be ignored.
> Sometimes for years. Sad but true.

To give people an idea, here's the weekly Summary of Python tracker
Issues on python-dev and timed at 17:07 today.

"
  2807 open (+44) / 18285 closed (+18) / 21092 total (+62)

Open issues with patches:  1144

Average duration of open issues: 703 days.
Median duration of open issues: 497 days.

Open Issues Breakdown
        open  2765 (+42)
languishing    14 ( +0)
     pending    27 ( +2)

Issues Created Or Reopened (64)
"

I've spent a lot of time helping out in the last few weeks on the issue
tracker.  The oldest open issue I've come across was dated 2001, and
there could be older.  Unless more volunteers come forward, particularly
to do patch reviews or similar, the situation as I see it can only get
worse.

Kindest regards.

Mark Lawrence.