Where is the man page of python library

march hellomarch at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 23:18:43 EDT 2010

Hi, guys.

As a regular user of python, I am often annoyed by the fact that the
official python docementation is too short and too simple to satisfy
my requirement.

While working with socket, I want to know every detail about every
API.  I can easilly achieve that by reading man page if the language
is C. But It seems that the Python story is different.

For the interface recv(), all I got is only three sentences.
"
Receive data from the socket. The return value is a string
representing the data received. The maximum amount of data to be
received at once is specified by bufsize.
"
http://docs.python.org/library/socket.html#socket.socket.recv

What if the call fail? What if the peer close the socket? What is the
difference between blocking and non-blocking socket? How could I get
the errno or exception?

All the answers are "No comment".

I hate this documentation!

guys, where could I turn to for help? Thanks in advance.