Library versions

Peo paulgtd at gmail.com
Sat Jul 24 11:56:01 EDT 2010

Hi,

I'm writing a library for doing sysadmin tasks at my workplace. These
kind of
scripts have a tendency to live for decades and I want to make sure
that I don't break anything when I'm updating the library.

My current plan is to call the library something like 'foo1' and
import it into
scripts like 'import foo1 as foo'. Releases that change the API would
be installed
as 'foo2', 'foo3' and so on. This works fine but it will be quite
difficult
to create new releases (documentation and library code are littered
with
references to 'foo1').

Is there some other smart way to do acheive this?

Thanks / Paul