why is this group being spammed?

Benjamin Kaplan benjamin.kaplan at case.edu
Sun Jul 25 23:54:30 EDT 2010

Python-list is comp.lang.python turned into mailing list form. gmane
is python-list turned back into a newsgroup. The reason it gets less
spam is because it's behind the mailing list's spam filters. Both the
mailing list and gmane should see the same amount of spam. which is
way less than the original newsgroup/Google Group sees.