python terminology on classes

Peng Yu pengyu.ut at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 17:52:06 EDT 2010

Hi

I'm still kind of confused about the terminology on classes in python.

Could you please let me know what the equivalent terms for the
following C++ terms?

constructor
destructor
member function
member variable
virtual member function
function

I think that C++ "function" is equivalent to python "function" and C++
"member function" is equivalent to python "method". But I couldn't
locate where the original definitions of the corresponding python
terms in the manual as these term appear many times. Could you please
point me where to look for the definition of these python
corresponding terms?

--
Regards,
Peng