Problems running VirtualEnv under Windows.

ashconnor ash.connor at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 14:13:50 EDT 2010

I've resolved this issue by deleting the *.py file association in
Windows.

You can do this either by associating *.py with something like
textpad, using a utility such as http://defaultprogramseditor.com/ or
doing so in the registry.

Note that when using the command like you need to issue commands with
a preceding `python` keyword.

For example in a normal installation enviroment the following is
possible `django-admin.py startproject MyProject`, however in a
VirtualEnv with *.py associations removed one must do `python django-
admin.py startproject MyProject` otherwise Windows will attempt to
open the file in the default application even if there isn't one.

Thanks,

Ash