Checking that 2 pdf are identical (md5 a solution?)

rlevesque raynald.levesque at gmail.com
Sat Jul 24 14:09:13 EDT 2010

On Jul 24, 1:34 pm, Peter Otten <__pete... at web.de> wrote:
> rlevesque wrote:
> > Unfortunately there is an other pair of values that does not match and
> > it is not obvious to me how to exclude it (as is done with the " /
> > CreationDate" pair).
> > and the pdf document is created using reportLab.
>
> I dug into the reportlab source and in
>
> reportlab/rl_config.py
>
> found the line
>
> invariant=                  0                       #produces
> repeatable,identical PDFs with same timestamp info (for regression testing)
>
> I suggest that you edit that file or add
>
> from reportlab import rl_config
> rl_config.invariant = True
>
> to your code.
>
> Peter

WOW!! You are good!
Your suggested solution works perfectly.

Given your expertise I will not be able to 'repay' you by helping on
Python problems but if you ever need help with SPSS related problems I
will be pleased to provide the assistance you need.
(I am the author of "SPSS Programming and Data Management" published
by SPSS Inc. (an IBM company))

Regards,

Raynald Levesque
www.spsstools.net