Python Forum

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Thu Jun 3 07:23:59 EDT 2010

Adam Tauno Williams <awilliam at whitemice.org> writes:

> So?  NNTP is the living dead.  Time to let it go.

The capabilities of NNTP clients are much better than email for tracking
threaded discussions in multiple forums. I'll let it go when something
better comes along, and not before.

> Most people use this list via e-mail, which everyone has access to and
> knows how to use.

This is different from NNTP how? If you're referring to knowing how to
use the tools, there are many tools that present both email *and* NNTP
with the same user interface.

If you're referring to organisational network policies that block NNTP,
that's also true for email.

--
 \       “I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not |
  `\    our children's children, because I don't think children should |