Python Forum

Tim Chase python.list at tim.thechases.com
Thu Jun 3 08:29:42 EDT 2010

On 06/03/2010 07:16 AM, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
>>> Most people use this list via e-mail...
>> Do you know this to be the case, or is that a guess?
>
> Scan through a bunch of threads with show-headers.  Watch the User-Agent
> value (set by the senders client).  The results become obvious pretty
> quickly.

It can be a bit misleading though -- some UAs allow you to read
both mail & nntp with the same interface (e.g., my Thunderbird
UA).  I read via gmane's nntp, but it's a "mail" program.  I'd
likely return to reading via email if TB allowed me to kill
threads & sub-threads in email like it does in newsgroups.

-tkc