Windows and My Documents

Bob Greschke bob at passcal.nmt.edu
Thu Jun 3 11:39:38 EDT 2010

I know this must have been asked before, but today Google is not my friend.

How do I do a "listdir" (or whatever I need to use) of the Desktop on a
Windows machine and have "folders" like My Documents show up in the
result?

I'm specifically trying to get a link to VMWare Shared Folders to show
up so I can navigate to files in OSX from WinXP running in VMWare, but
My Documents doesn't show up, either.

The docs for listdir says it doesn't follow links and I don't think I
want to tell os.walk to followlinks as that could be zillions of files.

Thanks!

Bob