Missing DLL in win98

Spyder42 spyder1960 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 4 18:47:39 EDT 2010

On Fri, 04 Jun 2010 14:03:48 -0400, Terry Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu>
wrote:

>On 6/4/2010 9:08 AM, Spyder42 wrote:
>> On Fri, 04 Jun 2010 14:50:28 +0200, Christian Heimes
>
>>> Python 2.6 is not supported on Windows 98 and earlier. You need at least
>>> Windows 2000 with a recent service pack.
>>>
>>> Christian
>>
>> So your response is either, you don't know if there is a fix, or 'No
>> way in h377.' You couldn't figure out by my post that I already knew
>> that?
>
>Get off your high horse. Dumping on volunteer helpers is a good way to
>drive them away.
>
>It was not obvious, without closely reading your original post, and even
>then it is not clear, that you *knew* than 2.6 was not supported on
>Win98. You could have asked 'I know 2.6+ is not officially supported in
>win98. Does anyone know a workaround other than upgrading windows or
>sticking with 2.5?". *That* would have been clear.
>
>Terry Jan Reedy

I'm sorry, but if I asked where the nearest gas station was, I
wouldn't expect someone to answer, "You can't get there because your
out of gas."

I had a specific question and I got a non-specific non-answer.
If they didn't know, they should not have answered.

>It was not obvious, without closely reading your original post...

So it WAS obvious to anyone who was PAYING ATTENTION?
Life is not a dress rehersal. If you don't get it right, things like
the BP's oil spill, Chernobyl, and 3 mile island happen. Perhaps I'm
being extreme, but computer programs underly our entire civilization
today. Computers dump stock, and Billions are lost, needlessly
affecting everyones life. Trains crash, boats sink, and psychos like
me go off the deep end, because no-one is paying attention.

	L8r
	Spyder