Python Forum

rantingrick rantingrick at gmail.com
Sun Jun 6 13:17:24 EDT 2010

On Jun 2, 3:04 am, pyDev <einars.stra... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to let the community know that there is a new web-based
> forum for Python enthusiasts over at PythonForum.org (http://
> pythonforum.org).

There has been many arguments here for and against Usenet. Personally
I say the rein of Usenet is coming to its logical conclusion. Dead as
a clavo! Much better interfaces abound. But most importantly the
newbies are never aware of Usenet for some time (sadly).

Some would say keeping out the baby noobs is a good thing, i could not
disagree more! I ask of you, what is this group for if not to help the
very noobs you wish to keep out? Without the banner of help the only
flag left to fly is that of a troll fest nation.

I have seen even the most tangential issues linger on and on in
perpetual infantile poop tossing contests that only the following
thirsty orangutan could hold his candle to...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DBuk91phkI&feature=related

...notice the url on separate line.

Yes the die is cast people, the new generation awaits to claim their
stakes in the footholds of Pythonia. This is the natural course of
things really. But the old timers will linger for some time hashing
and re hashing old war stories that fall on placid ears.

Yes my friends, Rock n Roll is dead, Elvis has left the building,
Johnny's no longer here (or there), and whilst Usenet is not quite yet
dead, it is rapidly approaching putrefaction on the on the grapevine
of history.