GUIs - A Modest Proposal

rantingrick rantingrick at gmail.com
Sun Jun 6 13:36:53 EDT 2010

On Jun 6, 10:51 am, "Alf P. Steinbach" <al... at start.no> wrote:
> * pyt... at bdurham.com, on 06.06.2010 17:17:
>
> > Why not a GUI based on HTML, CSS and Javascript?
>
> > To paraphrase another poster and to borrow from SQLite:
>
> > Pick any *THREE*:
> > - Simple
> > - Beautiful
> > - Cross-platform
>
> I'm not sure what this discussion is about, but anyway, modern GUI frameworks
> /are/ based on XML, CSS and some code behind, which may be JavaScript or other
> language.

> - Alf

Oh Please lets not help user in the age of "take-over-my-puter--all-my-
data, and-my-freedoms, and-then-force-me-to-be-a-slave-to-you-just-so-
i-can-use-my-data, with-your-permission, master!" era. Yes i have seen
these GUI, HTML, CSS, Javascript freaks of nature and lament them
daily! What a nightmare! Give me a good ole GUI and get the hell outta
my way!

~>:^(