[RELEASE] Python 2.7 release candidate 1 released

Lie Ryan lie.1296 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 6 15:33:44 EDT 2010

On 06/07/10 00:05, Franck Ditter wrote:
> Just an advice as I see that "old" Python is maintained.
> When starting with Python (simple programs and GUIs) should I start
> with Python 3.x ? If it has a decent implementation on Mac/Linux/Windows of course...

I say, if you're learning the language and/or programming, python 3 is a
nicer to start with. However, as of now, not many third party libraries
has been ported to python 3.x yet; so if you're writing a real
application and you're expecting to use many third party libraries, then
stick with python 2.x.