Importing modules

Anthony Papillion papillion at gmail.com
Sun Jun 6 22:47:36 EDT 2010

Hello Everyone,

I'm brand new to Python and have been finding it really easy to get
into. But I've run into my very first problem that I'm hoping someone
here might be able to help me with.

I'm working with the Google Storage API and all of their Python
library is under a directory called $HOME/gsutils/boto

To begin my Python script, I'm support to import boto but that doesn't
work because boto isn't in my search path (or my PYTHONPATH).

So I tried this:

import os

os.path.append('$HOME/gsutils/boto')

thinking I could then successfully do the import boto statement.
Nope.

Can anyone give me some direction on the correct way to import
modules?

Thanks!
Anthony