GUIs - A Modest Proposal

rantingrick rantingrick at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 04:44:32 EDT 2010

On Jun 9, 3:18 am, Gregory Ewing <greg.ew... at canterbury.ac.nz> wrote:

> I can't see any things about the tcl language that make
> it especially good for describing GUIs,

And neither can i. And thats because Tcl's syntax is great for
obfuscation and really nothing more.

Anyone who thinks differently i encourage you to put a Tkinter and
TclTk script of the same GUI side by side and you'll see exactly what
i mean. It's like night and day! Sure Python does make you type a lot
more text but in the end (when maintenance time comes around) which
would YOU rather debug?

And just think, if the balance of the world ever came down to a thumb
wrestling contest. Well then all that finger exercise will pay off
enormously! ;-)