help me

Dave Angel davea at ieee.org
Wed Jun 9 06:07:11 EDT 2010

Note, I said "REPLY-ALL'.  By default a simple reply goes to the
individual, and not to the list.  Make sure python-list at python.org is in
your "TO:" list.  I'm sending this back to the list, with my remarks at
the end, since top-posting is inconsistent and confusing.

madhuri vio wrote:
> yea i have deleted all the files related to dat module and
> now when i try to execute it ,,it says
>
> python madhu.py
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "madhu.py", line 4, in <module>
>     import tkinter
> ImportError: No module named tkinter
>
> and it has already been installed...
> so i was wondering if there was any other way of importing tkinter module
> and where am i wrong..i am stuck;(
>
> On Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 3:03 PM, Dave Angel <davea at ieee.org> wrote:
>
> <snip>

Two questions:

1) what version of Python ?  You're using the version 3 capitalization.
Might you have version 2.x of Python installed?

      import sys
      print sys.version

2) where is tkinter installed, and is it the right place for this
instance of python?   You can see your Python's search path with the
following:
      import sys
      print sys.path

Generally, standard libraries are installed in the lib directory, and
3rd party libraries are installed in site-packages.

DaveA