Syntax problem - cannot solve it by myself

Alister alister.ware at ntlworld.com
Wed Jun 9 10:31:23 EDT 2010

On Wed, 09 Jun 2010 02:45:36 +0000, Deadly Dirk wrote:

> On Tue, 08 Jun 2010 18:52:44 -0700, alex23 wrote:
>

>> Unless you have a clear need for 3rd party libraries that currently
>> don't have 3.x versions, starting with Python 3 isn't a bad idea.
>
> From what I see, most of the people are still using Python 2.x. My
> reason for learning Python is the fact that my CTO decided that the new
> company standard for scripting languages will be Python. I've been using
> Perl for 15 years and it was completely adequate but, apparently, Perl
> is no longer in. I am afraid that Python3 is like Perl 6, the one with
> Parrot: everybody is reading articles about it but nobody is using it.

If the CTO is seting Python as company standard he should also be
specifying which version!

even without the BIG changes between 2.XX & 3.XX not specifying a version
could lead to trouble.

--
Sometimes when I get up in the morning, I feel very peculiar.  I feel
like I've just got to bite a cat!  I feel like if I don't bite a cat