Python Jobs

Giampaolo Rodolà g.rodola at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 16:55:38 EDT 2010

This is an interesting subject.

> - Your location - country, state or city, whatever you care to provide

Turin, Italy

> - Your focus - Product Development (web sites/apps), Education, R&D/Science,
> IT/Sys Admin, etc

Web development based on Zope, Grok and Plone

> - Your company size

Small.

> - Your compensation relative to the .NET/Java developers you know -
> generally higher/lower?

I would say it's the same. Maybe a little higher but I'm talking about nuts.

> In my area (Denver, CO) I predominantly see Java positions, followed closely
> by .NET.  I'll occasionally see something pop up related to PHP or Ruby web
> development but hardly ever Python, so I'm just curious if I'm looking in
> the wrong places.

As for Italy I would say that Java PHP and NET are the most requested
positions, half of which I would personally discard because I know I
would end up doing something "not funny".
Python covers a quite relatively small niche.
In my city I'm aware of only 4 companies which actively work with
Python, mine included.

--- Giampaolo
http://code.google.com/p/pyftpdlib
http://code.google.com/p/psutil