Deformed Form

Victor Subervi victorsubervi at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 13:11:00 EDT 2010

On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 10:30 AM, Stephen Hansen (L/P) <me+list/
python at ixokai.io> wrote:

> On 6/10/10 7:14 AM, Victor Subervi wrote:
> > Hi;
> > I have a script that calls values from the form that calls it. This
> script
> > imports another script:
> >
> > from New_Passenger import New_Passenger
> >
> > def create_edit_passengers3():
> >   new_passengers_curr_customers =
> New_Passengers_Curr_Customers(customers,
> > flights)
> >   if new_passengers_curr_customers > 0:
> >     print "<input type='submit' value=' Send ' />"
> >
> > All this works. What puzzles me, however, is that the value of
> > new_passengers_curr_customers has to be called using cgi from the
> imported
> > script (New_Passenger). It cannot be called from the calling script. I
> would
> > have thought it would have been the other way around. Please help me
> > understand why.
>
> I can't quite figure out what you're asking.
> new_passengers_curr_customers is a variable local to
> create_edit_passengers3;

correct

> you have something that differs only in case
> called New_Passengers_Curr_Customers which -- I assume is defined,
> somewhere.

correct

> Then you haev New_Passenger, and I'm not sure I see what it
> has to do with anything.

My bad. This is another script that is called by the script I have partially
quoted here ("main script"). It is in that script that I am able to access
the variable in question (as cited by you below).

> But what does "cannot be called" mean? "Cannot" usually means "an error
> happened" -- in which case you shouldn't really even mention it unless
> you're gonna back it up with a traceback.

That is correct. It throws an error if I try and access the variable from
the main script, because I try and use the value of that variable and for
some reason I can't retrieve it.

> The former is a value, you don't call it. You access it. And it being
> local, you can surely only access it within that function (unless you
> pass it somewhere). The latter is -- a class? A function?

fn, a script. I hope that cleared things up. Please advise.
TIA,
beno