numpy arrays to python compatible arrays

Philip Semanchuk philip at semanchuk.com
Thu Jun 10 16:02:38 EDT 2010

On Jun 10, 2010, at 9:58 AM, Javier Montoya wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I'm new to python and have been working with the numpy package. I have
> some numpy float arrays (obtained from np.fromfile and np.cov
> functions) and would like to convert them to simple python arrays.
> I was wondering which is the best way to do that? Is there any
> function to do that?

Hi Javier,
Since you are new to Python I'll ask whether you want to convert Numpy
arrays to Python arrays (as you stated) or Python lists. Python lists
are used very frequently; Python arrays see very little use outside of
numpy.

If you can use a Python list, the .tolist() member of the numpy array
object should do the trick.

bye