grep command

rantingrick rantingrick at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 22:35:04 EDT 2010

On Jun 10, 7:56 am, "D'Arcy J.M. Cain" <da... at druid.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 08:26:58 +0100

> I'm surprised that there is anyone left who hasn't killfiled this guy.
> He/she hasn't made any effort to understand the group.  Why bother even
> answering him?  Just filter him and enjoy the silence.

All this kill-filing reminds me of one of my favorite Twilight Zone
episodes.

It's the one where the guy who wears thick glasses and just wanted to
be left alone so he can read his books. Well after atomic war he is
the only person left on earth. At first he's frightened but then he
realizes that now he can read his books in peace. He goes to library
to read and accidently drops his glasses, breaking them. Oh the irony.

"""The best laid plans of mice and men and Henry Bemis, the small man
in the glasses who wanted nothing but time. Henry Bemis, now just a
part of a smashed landscape, just a piece of the rubble, just a
fragment of what man has deeded to himself. Mr. Henry Bemis...in the
Twilight Zone. """

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_Enough_at_Last