MySQLdb problems with named pipe connection on Windows 7?

John Nagle nagle at animats.com
Fri Jun 11 13:51:14 EDT 2010

    I reconfigured MySQL to allow local network connections, and
now MySQLdb works over TCP.  It doesn't seem to be able to use
Windows 7 named pipes, although the "mysql" command line client can.
There may be a bug.  This wouldn't be noticed unless MySQL
was configured without network connections, which is rare.  I set
up MySQL that way on a development machine with a local MySQL instance.

				John Nagle