GUIs - A Modest Proposal

Stephen Hansen me+list/python at ixokai.io
Fri Jun 11 23:34:38 EDT 2010

On 6/11/10 7:11 PM, Gregory Ewing wrote:
> Stephen Hansen wrote:
>
>> There's very little you can do with pywin32 that you can't do with
>> ctypes.
>
> Except, apparently, use it from another module in the stdlib. :-(

Yeah. I get the policy in general, a proliferation of ctypes stuff could
be very bad -- but if code is very careful with type-checking and stuff,
it should be possible to get an exception, I'd hope.

Otherwise it makes certain windows-workarounds very problematic. You
basically /have/ to write a C extension :|

--

   Stephen Hansen
   ... Also: Ixokai