Which is the best implementation of LISP family of languages for real world programming ?

Antti "Andy" Ylikoski antti.ylikoski at gmail.com
Sun Jun 13 00:02:32 EDT 2010

12.6.2010 22:54, Pascal J. Bourguignon kirjoitti:
> bolega<gnuist006 at gmail.com>  writes:
>>
>>> [PAIP]
>>
>> Is there anything in this old norvig book that makes it worth
>> pursuing as a text ?
>
> Yes.

I agree with his criticism that the book is "old", mine stems from the
year 1992.

I bought and studied the Russell-Norvig books on "Artificial
Intelligence: A Modern Approach", ie. the 1th, 2nd (and in the future
the 3rd edition), in order to learn modern AI theory.  They have
discontinued the 3rd edition but I succeeded in ordering a copy anyway.
  I have read the 1st and the 2nd editions, but I have not yet received
by mail the 3rd edition.

But I only got the PAIP book to learn Common LISP, not in order to study
modern AI.  This  is why I'm discussing this in the new:comp.lang.LISP
newsgroup.

Any good modern LISP textbooks out there?

Can anyone point to me any other good modern textbooks on AI than the
3rd edition of the Russell-Norvig book?  (Which is reputable.)

kind regards, Antti Ylikoski
Helsinki, Finland, the E.U.