Printing forms and labels in Python

Monte Milanuk memilanuk at gmail.com
Sun Jun 13 00:19:49 EDT 2010

Hello,

I'm still a relative newbie to python, so I apologize if this is covered
in detail somewhere and I missed it.

I have a program or two that I want to work on once I get more
proficient with python and sqlite and tkinter/wxpython.  One of the big
'features' of those programs I want to make is going to be printing out
match results (scores) from a competition along with competitor names
and other pertinent information.  Currently most people are doing this
in Excel, though there is one (old) DOS program written in BASIC that
not only prints the match results and the reports for the sanctioning
body, but also prints labels via a Dymo Label maker.

I realized today that one thing I have never seen covered in any Python
tutorial is how to format and print things to a physical printer.  I did
a little bit of searching and didn't come up with much... either I'm
really not using the right search terms, or physical printing is a black
hole/art...?

TIA,

Monte