GUIs - A Modest Proposal

Stephen Hansen me+list/python at ixokai.io
Sun Jun 13 10:34:05 EDT 2010

On 6/13/10 4:29 AM, lkcl wrote:
>  it's in fact how the entire pyjamas UI widget set is created, by
> doing nothing more than direct manipulation of bits of DOM and direct
> manipulation of the style properties.  really really simple.

Did you just call DOM manipulation simple with a straight face? I don't
think I've ever seen that before.

HTML+CSS have some very strong advantages. Simplicity is not one of
them. Precision web design these days is a dark art. (Go center an image
vertically and horizontally in an arbitrary sized field!)

--

   Stephen Hansen
   ... Also: Ixokai