getting up arrow in terminal to scroll thought history of python commands

Vincent Davis vincent at vincentdavis.net
Sun Jun 13 19:39:18 EDT 2010

On Sun, Jun 13, 2010 at 5:28 PM, Gerry Reno <greno at verizon.net> wrote:
> sounds like your keymapping got messed with.
>
> you could just:
> set -o vi
> python
> ESC, Ctrl-j
> and now ESC-k and ESC-j will take you back and forth in history (std vi
> editing)

This is done within python? Let make sure I am clear. This is only an
issue within the interactive python for the python dist I have built
from source not other pythons or terminal in general. I look into the
commands you suggested more but ESC-k and ESC-j don't sound very
appealing to me.

Thanks
Vincent