Community (A Modest Proposal)

geremy condra debatem1 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 03:32:28 EDT 2010

On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 3:07 AM, rantingrick <rantingrick at gmail.com> wrote:

<snip>

>  Hopefully i'll get the motivation for that re-write real soon. So far
> i have only corrected a few small but very annoying facets of the UI
> in between my other various up-and-coming projects. However it would
> be nice to get all the "IDLE-heads" together and do a complete
> rewrite. The nice thing about a group is the motivation factor.

And now we come to the crux of the matter- you cheerlead and do
nothing because you need to have people patting you on the back
to know you're going the right direction.

Hint: everybody who has ever started anything really different and
new and worth doing has looked over their shoulder and thought
"maybe I should be back there with those guys", and a lot of
great things have never happened because of it. But either way
you'll eventually have to learn to live without the pats on the back.

Geremy Condra