configuration setting for python server

shanti bhushan ershantibhushan at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 06:19:33 EDT 2010

I want to update the configuration file for python server ,but i am
not able to locate the python configuration file.
Please guide me in this respect.

I am using a python web server
This is the code for it

import string,cgi,time
from os import curdir, sep
from BaseHTTPServer import BaseHTTPRequestHandler, HTTPServer
#import pri
class MyHandler(BaseHTTPRequestHandler):
    def do_GET(self):
        try:
            if self.path.endswith(".html"):
                f = open(curdir + sep + self.path) #self.path has /
test.html
#note that this potentially makes every file on your computer readable
by the internet
                self.send_response(200)
                self.send_header('Content-type', 'text/html')
                self.end_headers()
                self.wfile.write(f.read())
                f.close()
                return
            if self.path.endswith(".esp"):   #our dynamic content
                self.send_response(200)
                self.send_header('Content-type', 'text/html')
                self.end_headers()
                self.wfile.write("hey, today is the" +
str(time.localtime()[7]))
                self.wfile.write(" day in the year " +
str(time.localtime()[0]))
                return

            return

        except IOError:
            self.send_error(404,'File Not Found: %s' % self.path)

    def do_POST(self):
        global rootnode
        try:
            ctype, pdict =
cgi.parse_header(self.headers.getheader('content-type'))
            if ctype == 'multipart/form-data':
                query=cgi.parse_multipart(self.rfile, pdict)
            self.send_response(301)

            self.end_headers()
            upfilecontent = query.get('upfile')
            print "filecontent", upfilecontent[0]
            self.wfile.write("<HTML>POST OK.<BR><BR>");
            self.wfile.write(upfilecontent[0]);

        except :
            pass
def main():
    try:
        server = HTTPServer(('', 80), MyHandler)
        print 'started httpserver...'
        server.serve_forever()
    except KeyboardInterrupt:
        print '^C received, shutting down server'
        server.socket.close()
if __name__ == '__main__':
    main()

sample Configuration file for Apache server

<VirtualHost *>
        ServerAdmin webmaster at localhost
        DocumentRoot /var/www/
        <Directory />
                Options FollowSymLinks
                AllowOverride None
        </Directory>
        <Directory /var/www/>
                AllowOverride None
                Order allow,deny
                allow from all
                # This directive allows us to have apache2's default
start page
                # in /apache2-default/, but still have / go to the
right place
                #RedirectMatch ^/$ /apache2-default/
        </Directory>