C interpreter in Lisp/scheme/python

Bruno Desthuilliers bruno.42.desthuilliers at websiteburo.invalid
Mon Jun 14 07:40:40 EDT 2010

<answering the OP - didn't show up on c.l.py>

> On Sun, Jun 13, 2010 at 4:07 PM, bolega <gnuist006 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I am trying to compare LISP/Scheme/Python for their expressiveness.

Scheme is actually a lisp, isn't it ?

>> For this, I propose a vanilla C interpreter. I have seen a book which
>> writes C interpreter in C.
>> The criteria would be the small size and high readability of the code.

Readability is partly function of the reader, so I fail to see how you
define any objective metrics here.

Also, "small size" and "high readability" can easily conflict with each
other. I pretty often rewrite (my own) one-liners to as many lines as
necessary to make the code more readable / maintainable.

>> How would a gury approach such a project ?

Can't tell. Maybe you should ask one ?