how to build with 2.4 having 2.6 as main python

Benjamin Kaplan benjamin.kaplan at case.edu
Mon Jun 14 11:11:31 EDT 2010

On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 3:09 AM, Alexzive <zasaconsulting at gmail.com> wrote:
> thanks guys,
>
> the solution for me was
>
> python2.4 setup.py install --prefix=/usr/local
>
> cheers, AZ

Don't do that! Like Steven said, you'll kill your system that way.
Lots of programs in Linux use Python and those programs expect
/usr/bin/env python to map to python2.6. Other versions of Python
should be referenced by the version: so python2.4 for Python 2.4,
python3 or python3.1 if you decide to install Python 3.1.