Convert .doc to .pdf

Stephen Hansen me+list/python at ixokai.io
Mon Jun 14 13:02:15 EDT 2010

On 6/14/10 8:55 AM, Thales wrote:
> Thanks for your help Marco, but it has to work on linux, not on
> windows. Is possible to import this win32com on linux systems? How?

You should include your full requirements when you originally ask :)

That said... I think you're out of luck.

Doc's are a proprietary format. The only way to /read/ them (required to
convert them to PDF) is to get something that can understand them.
There's no readily available library that I'm aware of capable of doing
so. Certain word processing utilities have varying degrees of ability to
(depending on how old the file format is) -- with OpenOffice being the
most controllable.

So I think you either need to figure out a way to turn your "can't use
it" into a "can" or -- I'm back to out of luck :)

--

   Stephen Hansen
   ... Also: Ixokai