Convert .doc to .pdf

Thomas Jollans thomas at jollans.com
Mon Jun 14 13:03:08 EDT 2010

On 06/14/2010 01:19 PM, Thales wrote:
> Good morning,
>
> I need to convert some files from .doc to .pdf. I've googled it a
> little bit and all the solutions I've found used the OpenOffice API,
> but I can't use it.
>
> Anybody knows a library that I can use to do it?

Why can't you use OpenOffice?

In my experience, there are only very few programs able to read msword
files fully and properly: MS Word itself (obviously not an option), and
OpenOffice.org (maybe your best bet)

if you're really only interested in extracting the text, there are a few
tools that you could hook into - "wv" (for word view) springs to mind.

-- Thomas