Python OpenSSL library

geremy condra debatem1 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 13:18:14 EDT 2010

On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 10:08 AM, Antoine Pitrou <solipsis at pitrou.net> wrote:
> On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 14:13:32 -0700
> geremy condra <debatem1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sun, Jun 13, 2010 at 1:29 PM, astral
>> <astral at news.eternal-september.org> wrote:
>> > I am looking for Python OpenSSL library, for Python version 2.5.4 (on
>> > Windows)
>> > Which does not require to install Cygwin package. Need just to decrypt file,
>> > then uninstall library.
>>
>> Evpy[1] is designed to be a very easy-to-use interface to OpenSSL,
>> although it is by design limited to doing things the right way, so it
>> may not meet your needs.
>
> How about contributing to the standard hashlib and ssl modules? Is
> there anything there that goes in the way, e.g. design-wise?
>
> Regards
>
> Antoine

Evpy currently uses ctypes for its bindings, so my understanding is
that it isn't eligible for inclusion, but a rewrite as a C extension is
under way and I'd be happy to contribute that.

The hard thing would be finding someone to champion it on the
political side, since I have little interest in fighting the interminable
political battles that go with the push for inclusion.

Geremy Condra