newbie subprocess.Popen performance issues/questions

Chris Seberino cseberino at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 22:47:21 EDT 2010

I tried to use subprocess.Popen to make my web app do a bunch of stuff
in separate processes today.  It appeared like only the first one
finished and/or the rest of the forked processes crashed.

I only have around 300Mb.  Is it possible that my subprocess.Popen
code was swapping to disk so much that most of the Popen processes
just crashed?

Are there any tools to monitor how much memory I should upgrade to and/
or what else would cause a subprocess.Popen symphony have problems?

Sincerely,

Chris