Is this make sence? Dynamic assembler for python

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sun Jun 20 13:36:13 EDT 2010

On 6/20/2010 12:41 PM, Lie Ryan wrote:
> On 06/20/10 20:57, DivX wrote:
>> On 20 lip, 12:46, Steven D'Aprano<st... at REMOVE-THIS-
>> cybersource.com.au>  wrote:
>>> [...]

Of course, Psyco mixes assembly and python, which is why it was
originally (not sure now) limited to x86 machines. It does do
generically, in small chunks, behind the scenes, so the rest of us can
get the benefit without expert assembly knowledge.

I presume because he can and enjoys it. That sort of tinkering is what
led to Psyco.

> Ever heard of JIT?

Psyco is one form of JIT. You might enjoy reading about how it works.

Terry Jan Reedy