Decode II (more complex)

Thomas Lehmann t.lehmann at rtsgroup.net
Mon Jun 21 09:04:43 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I have written a small python xmlrpc server which checks logfiles of a
build
sending notifications to the responsible teams. On a machine I'm
forced to
a problem with one logfile with special characters inside generated by
gnu compiler.

Using cheetah for generating the HTML mail I get a:
('ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xe2 in position 25868: ordinal not
in range(128))

I have found characters like this:
 error: expected type-specifier before â<80><98>Assocâ<80><99>
 (copy and paste of a linux console)

I have tried different mechanism but very probably I do not understand
how the decode/encode functionality is working. Can somebody help me
to get out of that problem?

Thanks in advance
Thomas