Second attempt WAS: From Dict to Classes yes or no and how

Jerry Rocteur macosx at rocteur.cc
Tue Jun 22 08:03:31 EDT 2010

> On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 9:32 PM, Jerry Rocteur <macosx at rocteur.cc> wrote:
> If you were able to ask us perhaps a more specific question
> and describe your problem a little more concisely perhaps
> I (and we) might have a bit more to offer you.

I have a dictionary:

users[key] = {    'user'        : key,
                  'secnum'      : secnum,
                  'name'        : name
             }

Is it possible for me to code a class like this:

class GRPUser(object):
    def __init__(self, user, secnum, name, groups=None):
        self.user          = user
        self.secnum        = secnum
        self.name          = name

Which would allow me to iterate through and access specific records ?

How do I iterate through and access an individual user record!

Thanks in advance,

Jerry