Should I Learn Python or Ruby next?

Andreas Waldenburger usenot at geekmail.INVALID
Tue Jun 22 17:56:24 EDT 2010

On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 19:38:43 +1000 James Mills
<prologic at shortcircuit.net.au> wrote:

> When I came across Rub* I found it to be just a rip-off of Python (in
> some respects) and couldn't understand how it became popular so
> quickly :)

You answered your own question: It's a rip-off of Python.

On a more serious note, though, I think Ruby is as much a rip-off of
Python as Python is a rip-off of Smalltalk or Modula. I think one
should be careful with such statements. Then again, this is a Python
group, so you're relatively safe, I guess. ;)

/W

--
INVALID? DE!