Should I Learn Python or Ruby next?

geremy condra debatem1 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 18:35:33 EDT 2010

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 1:58 AM, Josef Tupag <joseftupag at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've been programming (when I do program) mainly in Perl for the last 10
> years or so. But I've been itching to learn a new language for a while now,
> and the two near the top of the list are Ruby and Python.

My advice is to learn something *really different* while you've got the itch.
Work with Forth or (my favorite non-Python language) Haskell for six
months and then come back to things like Python or Ruby- IME it helps
to highlight where there are actual differences between languages and
where there's just minor variations in approach.

Geremy Condra