Should I Learn Python or Ruby next?

Stephen Hansen me+list/python at ixokai.io
Tue Jun 22 19:30:25 EDT 2010

On 6/22/10 4:09 PM, rantingrick wrote:
> ...After reading these comments i reminisce back to a time when a good
> friend of this community "r" said basically the same things but was
> lynched for them. Hmm? Has the community changed? Or is it that these
> comments came from someone other than "r" that they go unpunished.
> Hmm, riddles in the dark...?

If I remember the thread correctly, it was a part of a Call to Arms to
march out and Wage War against Ruby and Defeat It before it Defeated Us.

Or something to that nature. If I'm remembering a different thread then
you are, well -- there /was/ a thread like that.

And that's terribly exhausting. See, we all (wait, let me get up on a
stool and speak for The Community) may quite like Python, may quite not
like Ruby, and may find usage of Ruby to be perhaps a sign of some form
of mental illness (okay, no, not really), but we're also quite content
and happy for people to use Ruby if they want to. And we're oddly not
threatened by its popularity.

Good for you, Rubyers. I applaud your success and wish you more of it.

--

   Stephen Hansen
   ... Also: Ixokai