Heuristic

Marcos marcosruapuga at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 21:49:48 EDT 2010

On 25 jun, 03:36, geremy condra <debat... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 9:13 PM, Marcos <marcosruap... at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I have a store, so I want to maximize the profit. I have all the
> > suppliers with diferent prices, some providers can send products to a
> > client an others not, this has a plus price. Some providers has a
> > discount over the tansport if a quantity is reached.
>
> > Sometimes its better to me receive the order and resend to the client
> > if I have a transport discount.
>
> > Not all the suppliers has all products for a order.
>
> > So I want to create a function which I can pass the data, and
> > generates all the possibilities so I can find the maximum profit.
>
> > Have I to use heuristics? Do you know some examples?.
>
> > Thanks in advance.
>
> Depending on the exact constraints this may be a linear programming
> problem (very simple) and even if it isn't there are likely to be good
> approximation methods. With more information will come better
> advice.
>
> Geremy Condra

I geremy Im goint to put you some example:

Providers:

Number 1- Product 1: 56$ Product 4: 45$
Number 2- Product 2: 24$ Product 4: 34$
Number 3- Product 1: 45$ Product 2: 65$ Product 3: 65$ Product 4: 76$

Transport
Provider number 3 can transport direct to customer with a plus of 5$,
It can deply to a distribution center.
Provider number 2 and 1 only transport to a distribution center.
Poriver number 2 gives free transport over 500$, and number 1 over
1000$.

Each provider has a transport cost, that we have in tables.

If we deply to the distribution center we have to add the transport to
the consumer.

Order:

10 units product 1
6 units product 2
20 units product 3
40 units product 4

So which is the best way to deploy the order optimizing profit?.

This example has random quantities of product and prices, but I think
now its clear.

Regards.