best way to increment an IntVar?

Stephen Hansen me+list/python at ixokai.io
Fri Jun 25 16:56:23 EDT 2010

On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 1:26 PM, rantingrick <rantingrick at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jun 25, 12:46 pm, Alan G Isaac <alan.is... at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 6/25/2010 1:24 PM, rantingrick wrote:
> >
> > > the "if __name__ == '__main__' tests" use
> > > root.quit instead of root.destroy!
> >
> > Did you open an issue?http://bugs.python.org/
>
> If *I* open an issue it will be ignored or quickly dismissed because
> the people in charge of the Python community hate me.

Nonsense.

Though an inflammatory, hyperbole-filled rant made up of nothing but charged
declarations and rhetoric, and lacking actual reasoned and evidence
supported arguments will certainly get deleted-- like I'm going to do with
most of your message as I quote But! I think you're missing something:

> The reason for
> this hate is because I am very outspoken and will not allow myself to
> be brow beaten by some of the thugs within this group.

Those of us who are "brow beating you" on this list -- aren't in charge of
the Python community. They aren't the ones who close bug tickets. That'd be
the folks over on python-dev. I rather suspect they largely don't bother
reading your threads, and are utterly indifferent to you, for reasons I've
explained previously that you ignore. That's not the same thing as hate.

Okay, sure, there's obviously overlap between the groups, and I wouldn't be
surprised if most of them skim interesting threads. But they have tended to
(in my reading of your threads, at least) have the good sense I lack and not
gotten into it with you :)

--S