Continuously running scripts question

Peter H. Coffin hellsop at ninehells.com
Sun Jun 27 11:25:03 EDT 2010

On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 16:21:25 +1200, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
> In message <mailman.2077.1277482235.32709.python-list at python.org>, Ian Kelly
> wrote:
>
>> I use cron.
>>
>> Con:  Most cron implementations have a maximum frequency of once per
>> minute.
>
> Another con is: what happens if a run takes longer than the invocation
> frequency?

Not cron's problem. Whatever mechanism you use to prevent
fumble-fingered keyboard actuators from running your thing more than
once simulaneously will suffice for cron as well.

--
Don't use this code for realtime control, for weapons systems, or for
anything else that may put life or limb at hazard.  It isn't man-rated,